DSP Design Using System Generator
DSP Design Using System Generator
NOTE: The first day of this class is Essential DSP Implementation Techniques for Xilinx FPGAs. Please reference that course page for additional information.
This course allows you to explore the System Generator tool and to gain the expertise you need to develop advanced, low-cost digital signal processing (DSP) designs. This intermediate course in implementing DSP functions focuses on learning how to use System Generator for DSP, design implementation tools, and hardware co-simulation verification. Through hands-on exercises, you will implement a design from algorithm concept to hardware verification using the Xilinx FPGA capabilities.
Learn more about Xilinx digital signal processing (DSP) applications here.
For more about the Xilinx System Generator for DSP, click here.
After completing this comprehensive training, you will know how to:
- Describe the System Generator design flow for implementing digital signal processing (DSP) functions
- Identify Xilinx FPGA capabilities and how to implement a design from algorithm concept to hardware simulation
- List various low-level and high-level functional blocks available in System Generator
- Run hardware co-simulation
- Identify the high-level blocks available for FIR and FFT designs
- Implement multi-rate systems in System Generator
- Integrate System Generator models into the Xilinx Vivado™ IDE
- Design a processor-controllable interface using System Generator for DSP
- Generate IPs from C-based design sources for use in the System Generator environment
- Introduction to System Generator
- Simulink Software Basics
- LAB: Using the Simulink Software
Learn how to use the toolbox blocks in the Simulink software and design a system. Understand the effect sampling rate.
- Basic Xilinx Design Capture
- Demo: System Generator Gateway Blocks
- LAB: Getting Started with Xilinx System Generator
Illustrates a DSP48-based design. Perform hardware co-simulation verification targeting a Xilinx evaluation board.
- Signal Routing
- LAB: Signal Routing
Design padding and unpadding logic by using signal routing blocks.
- Implementing System Control
- LAB: Implementing System Control
Design an address generator circuit by using blocks and Mcode.
- Multi-Rate Systems
- LAB: Designing a MAC-Based FIR
Using a bottom-up approach, design a MAC-based bandpass FIR filter and verify through hardware co-simulation by using a Xilinx evaluation board.
- Filter Design
- LAB: Designing a FIR Filter Using the FIR Compiler Block
Design a bandpass FIR filter by using the FIR Compiler block to demonstrate increased productivity. Verify the design through hardware co-simulation by using a Xilinx evaluation board.
- System Generator, Vivado™ Design Suite, and Vivado™ HLS Integration
- LAB: System Generator and Vivado™ IDE Integration
Embed System Generator models into the Vivado™ IDE.
- Kintex-7 FPGA DSP Platforms
- LAB: System Generator and Vivado™ HLS Tool Integration
Generate IP from a C-based design to use with System Generator.
- LAB: AXI4-Lite Interface Synthesis
Package a System Generator for DSP design with an AXI4-Lite interface and integrate this packaged IP into a Zynq® All Programmable SoC processor system.
Education Investment Options
- To qualify for the Advanced Registration Price, full payment must be received 21 days prior to the first day of class.
- Basic follow-on coaching includes 2 hours (max 2 calls)
- Comprehensive follow-on coaching includes 10 hours (max 5 calls)
- Follow-on Coaching must be purchased at time of registration.
Who should attend:
System engineers, system designers, logic designers, and experienced hardware engineers who are implementing DSP algorithms using the MathWorks MATLAB and Simulink software and want to use Xilinx System Generator for DSP design.
- Experience with the MATLAB and Simulink software
- Basic understanding of sampling theory