Date Posted: 8/1/23
Open Position: System Administrator
Your role as the System Administrator is to protect availability and security of computer systems and network connections of the supported applications and business data. This position will be based out of BLT’s, MD facility. The individual in this position will provide support end users, administer IT systems, and assist in assuring that the company’s IT systems are secure, well documented and maintained. In addition, the individual will participate in the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure systems are functioning consistent with internal procedures, company goals, industry best practices, and DoD requirements.
Want to know what it’s like to work at BLT? Read our blog post.
BLT invests in the development, recruitment, and retention of critical skills as part of its model for business success. We offer a competitive wage, a comprehensive benefits package including medical and prescription drug coverage, dental benefits, life and disability insurance, 401k retirement, and paid vacation/holidays.
Location: Columbia, MD – On-site, 10-15% Travel
Experience: 5+ years
Clearance: At a minimum candidates must be cleared or considered clearable. US citizenship required.
Candidates will be expected to know and demonstrate, during the initial interview process, working competence involving the following areas:
- Network administration
- Debugging involving Linux, git and security certificates
- Windows and Linux administration
The diversity and challenges of this role allow for a person to eventually transition to a software engineering role if desired.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on desktops, servers, printers, and workstations.
- Provide timely and high quality end-user technical support.
- Maintain existing infrastructure (including but not limited to licensing, servers, networking equipment, desktops, laptops, printers, operating systems, and telephony) label, document and install new hardware and software as appropriate. Recommend and perform hardware upgrades and resource optimization as needed. Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Set end user accounts, permissions, access rights including 2FA, and storage allocations in accordance with best practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance including CMMC / NIST-800.171.
- Perform daily system monitoring. Verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes; review system and application logs and completion of scheduled tasks. Perform regular security monitoring to prevent and identify potential or actual intrusions. Provide periodic performance reporting.
- Perform daily backup operations ensuring that all required production systems and production data are successfully backed. Yearly archival of data to free up resources.
- Assist in maintaining infrastructure for IT security in coordination with other staff and vendor support (including, but not limited to active directory, Group Policy, file system permissions, anti-virus, firewalls, databases, and other appliances).
- Maintain user accounts and train employees in the use of new or existing technologies.
- Apply operating system patches and upgrades on a regular basis. Upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Perform monthly server maintenance during non-peak hours.
- Practices network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Off hours work and on-call time as needed.
- Set up and maintain BLT’s satellite offices in Florida and other US locations including intermittent travel as needed.
The ideal candidate has at least 5+ years experience with System Administration and has the following skillsets:
- Must be a sole US citizen and able to obtain and maintain DOD security clearance
- College Degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with wide range of hardware and software
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience
- Strong customer service orientation along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Proactive, self-reliant, and resourceful; excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Microsoft O365, Exchange, Teams, Windows 10/11m Windows Server, Hyper-V, AWS
- Linux administration
- Cisco network switching, routing and VLANs
- Python, PowerShell (or programming experience)
- Certificate management
- CMMC / NIST-800.171
Culture & Benefits
These employee benefits come standard:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid vacation
- A flexible work environment
- Individual, private offices for all engineers with lots of work surfaces
- Potential bonuses
Then there are the benefits that don’t show up on any list. Like a positive workplace setting. Outstanding professional development opportunities. Unforgettable off-site teambuilding excursions (you’ll learn more about these after you’re hired). And all the ice pops you can eat.
Plus, BLT’s managers are engineers, too. Your work is appreciated because we understand it.
BLT is an engineering firm that designs chips (FPGAs / SoCs / SoMs), boards, software, and systems for commercial, military and intelligence Clients. Our designs are in space, undersea, and everywhere in between. Additionally, BLT is an Authorized Training Provider (ATP) for AMD – Xilinx, offering public and private classes – online and throughout the US – taught by our own in-house engineers.
This position may require exposure to export-controlled information and subject to additional security screening. In the event information provided during the security screening reveals ineligibility to access export-controlled information, any offer of employment may be reconsidered or withdrawn.
BLT values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact BLT and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Email your resume to [email protected].
Or complete the below form:
"*" indicates required fields