Trying to incorporate security features on your FPGA / SoC, but don’t know where to start?
If you’re looking to enhance the security of your FPGA or SoC but aren’t sure where to begin, you’re in the right place. BLT has decades of experience with FPGAs and our experts can help ensure security for your FPGA. What’s more, BLT is capable of providing FPGA services to the full range of USG requirements.
Here are some critical features to consider when incorporating security measures:
Secure Encrypted/Communications on the Data Channels
- Data Protection: Implement encryption mechanisms to secure data transmitted over the FPGA or SoC, safeguarding it from eavesdropping and interception.
- Authentication: Utilize authentication protocols to ensure that only authorized parties can access and communicate with your device.
Ability to Update Images Securely
- Vulnerability Patching: Enable secure and timely image updates to address newly discovered vulnerabilities, such as those found in the Linux Kernel, to prevent potential exploitation.
- Secure Boot: Implement secure boot processes to verify the integrity of firmware updates and prevent unauthorized alterations.
Authenticated Image Updating
- Protection Against Rogue Actors: Authenticate image updates to thwart malicious actors from taking over the device through unauthorized firmware alterations.
- Integrity Verification: Verify the authenticity and integrity of updated images to ensure that they come from trusted sources.